Skip to main content

Shabby Chic Altered Rusty Teapot

Hello! I'm so glad you could join me today as I share my latest project! Finnabair recently came out with some new metal frames and as soon as I saw the Rusty Teapot, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! The teapot is gorgeous as is, but of course I had to alter it.  Here is my Shabby Chic Altered Rusty Teapot:


I added some texture with a stencil and modeling paste.  For color, I chose Lavender Impasto Paint by Finnabair.  It's a really gorgeous hue and I paired it with some accents of Metallique Wax in Aged Brass, also by Finnabair.


I used a teacup mould by Stamperia that fit the theme perfectly.  I painted it with Sparks Acrylic Paint in Iris Potion and hi lighted it with wax in White Gold.


I decorated the teapot with Prima flowers from the Lavender and Lavender Frost Collections.


I added a Victorian Hand from Finnabair's Art Daily collection on top of the teapot's handle.  I colored it with waxes in Heather Hills and Aged Brass.  It was a perfect addition to this piece.


The final touch was a spoon by Frank Garcia.  I added Copper Glass Glitter in it to look like tea leaves.


For more pictures and a full video tutorial, please visit my YouTube channel right HERE!  Don't forget to subscribe!

xoxo,

Shannon



Shabby Chic Altered Rusty Teapot Supply List:

  • Prima - Finnabair - Metal Frame - Rusty Teapot #967062
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Heavy Gesso - White #961374
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Brush Set - 7 Pieces #962760
  • Prima - Finnabair - Stamps and Stencil - Flowers On The Deck #965594
  • The Crafters Workshop - Light & Fluffy Modeling Paste #TCW9004
  • Palette Knife
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Extravagance - Texture Paste - White Sand #961473
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Impasto Paint - Lavender #966409
  • Prima - Lavender Frost - 12x12 Paper Pad With Foil #634292
  • EK Success - Cutter Bee Scissors #EK-CB01
  • Prima - Ingvild Bolme - Distressing Tool #890940
  • Beacon - Fabri-Tac
  • Prima - Lavender - 12x12 Paper Pad With Foil #630096
  • Sizzix - Big Shot Machine #660425
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz - Thinlits - Crochet #664178
  • Sizzix - Tim Holtz Alterations - Framelits - Flower Jar #662270
  • Alumilite - Amazing Casting Resin
  • Stamperia - Stampo Maxi #K3PTA455
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Gesso - Clear #961466
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Sparks Acrylic Paint - Iris Potion #964139
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Impasto Paint - Wild Iris #966393
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Impasto Paint - Snow White #964511
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - White Gold #964016
  • Doily
  • Prima - Lavender Frost Collection - Flower Embellishments - Misty Nights #635138
  • Prima - Lavender Collection - Flower Embellishments - Milane #631178
  • Prima - Lavender Collection - Flower Embellishments - Esme #631161
  • Prima - Lavender Frost Collection - Flower Embellishments - Provincial Garden #635183 
  • Prima - Lavender Collection - Flower Embellishments - Haydee #631222
  • Prima - Lavender Frost Collection - Flower Embellishments - Provincial Lavender #635121
  • Prima - Lavender Frost Collection - Flower Embellishments - Frosted Dreams #635145
  • Prima - Lavender Frost Collection - Flower Embellishments - Aromatic Peace #635107
  • Prima - Lavender Collection - Flower Embellishments - Ophelia #631277
  • Prima - Trims - Magnolia #583019
  • Prima - Ingvild Bolme - Shabby Chic Treasures - Door Signs #892319
  • Prima - Frank Garcia - Memory Hardware - Antique Metalware - Lille Mini Spoons #994365
  • Prima - Lavender - Say It In Crystals #630195
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - 3D Matte Gel #961398
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallic Wax - Heather Hills #966737
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Aged Brass #963965
  • Ranger Ink - Glossy Accents #GAC17042
  • Quilled Creations - Applicator Bottle - Precision Tip #PAR-QUL317
  • Sizzix - Glue Gun #663550
  • Sizzix - Glue Gun Sticks - 8 Inches - Clear - 20 Pack #663065
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Daily - Victorian Hand #964924
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Soft Matte Gel #961428
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Soft Gloss Gel #961435
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Extravagance - Glitter Set - Abloom #961619
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Glass Glitter - Copper #961640
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Glass Beads - Licorice #961688
  • Golden - Fluid Acrylics - Titanium White #5002380-1                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mixed Media House for Finnabair's March 2019 Art Recipe Challenge

Hello Friends! I'm excited to share my project with you today! When I saw Finnabair's March 2019 Art Recipe and that they turned it into a challenge, I knew that I had to create something!  Check out this amazing art recipe: Look at those yummy colors and products! The challenge allows you to use colors such as vintage shades of gold, rusty brown, pink, and green.  The Finnabair products that must be used are: Art Basics: Clear Gesso Art Alchemy: Métallique Waxes Art Ingredients: Mini Art Stones Art Extravagance: Icing Paste Here is the project that I came up with for this challenge: I think the real star of this project is the Clear Gesso, even though you can't see it!  I used it to cover the tissue paper so that when I added color, it would sit on top and not absorb into the paper.  It also protected the sticks that I found outside and sealed the ends of them.  I like to use resin with my moulds, but I don't like how shiny they are when hardened.  I co

Mixed Media Mushrooms for Mixed Media Place's April 2019 Challenge

Hello again! I'm so excited to share my newest project with you today! I altered 2 wooden mushrooms that I found at Hobby Lobby. I was really inspired by the mood board for Mixed Media Place's April 2019 Challenge. Take a look at it: Aren't those colors just gorgeous?! Here are my mixed media mushrooms: To color my mushrooms, I used Finnabair pastes and waxes.  I started by applying Texture Fantasy pastes in an ombre' fashion.  Then I applied various shades of Art Alchemy Waxes.  For an added effect, I applied Unicorn Paste randomly. To decorate my mushrooms, I used a variety of beautiful flowers from Prima Marketing. I also used a bunch of Finnabair mechanicals, embossed images, and Tim Holtz paper dolls. Here are a few more photos: Thanks so much for taking the time to see my project! I have a full tutorial up on my YouTube channel! You can see it right  HERE !  Don't forget to subscribe! xoxo, Shannon Mixed Media Mushrooms