Skip to main content

Mixed Media House for Finnabair's March 2019 Art Recipe Challenge

Hello Friends! I'm excited to share my project with you today! When I saw Finnabair's March 2019 Art Recipe and that they turned it into a challenge, I knew that I had to create something!  Check out this amazing art recipe:

Look at those yummy colors and products! The challenge allows you to use colors such as vintage shades of gold, rusty brown, pink, and green.  The Finnabair products that must be used are:

Art Basics: Clear Gesso
Art Alchemy: Métallique Waxes
Art Ingredients: Mini Art Stones
Art Extravagance: Icing Paste

Here is the project that I came up with for this challenge:


I think the real star of this project is the Clear Gesso, even though you can't see it!  I used it to cover the tissue paper so that when I added color, it would sit on top and not absorb into the paper.  It also protected the sticks that I found outside and sealed the ends of them.  I like to use resin with my moulds, but I don't like how shiny they are when hardened.  I covered the resin moulds to a matte finish and all of my metal embellishments, so that they would take color mediums well.


I started with a 3D House from Woodouts as my base.  I find myself obsessed with houses, doors,  and windows lately.  Do you ever go through a phase in your crafting where you are drawn to certain items? I covered the house with Finnabair's new tissue paper.  They come in a few designs and they lend a special element to any project!


Then I took 2 colors of Finnabair's Icing Paste through her Passiflora stencil.  I used Vintage Gold and Lucky Emerald.  Mixing these colors through the stencil added some gorgeous shimmer on my background.



I used the Metallique Waxes on all of my embellishments.  I just love how they bring a project to life!


I added Mini Art Stones randomly all over my project.  I concentrated mostly on the branches though.  I love all of the texture I can achieve when using them.  I also colored them wth the Liquid Acrylics and Metallique Waxes.


I made a complete tutorial so you can see how I made this.  It's up on my YouTube channel now.  While you're there, please subscribe! You can see the tutorial HERE!

Thank you so much for stopping by!  This is the very first challenge that I'm entering, so wish me luck!

xoxo,

Shannon



Mixed Media House For Finnabair March 2019 Art Recipe Challenge Supply List:
  • Woodouts - 3D House #KC030
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Soft Matte Gel #961428
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Brush Set - 7 Pieces #962760
  • Prima - Finnabair - Decorative Paper - Musica #967208
  • EK Success - Cutter Bee Scissors #EK-CB01
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Gesso - Clear #961466
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Extravagance - Icing Paste - Lucky Emerald #966232
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Extravagance - Icing Paste - Vintage Gold #966164
  • Prima - Finnabair - Stencil - Passiflora #966676
  • Palette Knife
  • Alumilite - Amazing Casting Resin
  • Katy Sue Designs Ltd. - Silicone Mould - Classic Door #CE0054
  • Re-Design With Prima - Decor Moulds - Leafy Blossoms #635756
  • Prima - Finnabair - Moulds - Stars And Moons #966638
  • Prima - Finnabair - Mechanicals - Machine Parts #967109
  • Prima - Finnabair - Mechanicals - Woodland Leaves #967161
  • Prima - Finnabair - Mechanicals - Antique Labels #967086
  • Prima - Finnabair - Mechanicals - Hardware Accents #967093
  • Prima - Finnabair - Mechanicals - Mini Stars #963354
  • Prima - Finnabair - Vintage Trinkets - Mini Roman Numerals #960230
  • Sticks
  • Prima - Finnabair - Clear Stamp - Bricks #960896
  • Ranger Ink - Archival Ink - Jet Black #AIP31468
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Liquid Acrylic - Umber #967338
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Liquid Acrylic - Avocado Green #967321
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Liquid Acrylic - Burnt Sienna #967222
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallique Acrylic Paint - Emerald Green #963170
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallique Acrylic Paint - Rustic Brown #965129
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Sparks Acrylic Paint - Dragon’s Eye #964054
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Extravagance - Rust Effect Paste - Brown Rust #964696
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Extravagance - Rust Effect Paste - Red Rust #964689
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - Small Stencil Brush Set #965228
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Bronze Age #964023
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallic Wax - Peacock #966775
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Vintage Gold #963958
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallic Wax - Mint Sparkle #966751
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallic Wax - Indian Pink #966744
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - Aged Brass #963965
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Opal Magic Wax - Green Brocade #964245
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Basics - 3D Matte Gel #961398
  • Prima - Finnabair - Moulds - Anabelle #966577
  • Prima - Finnabair - Mechanicals - Scrapyard Butterflies #967147
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Mini Art Stones #963712
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Art Stones #963705
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Liquid Acrylic - Magenta #967260
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallic Wax - Sweet Rose #966782
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Alchemy - Metallique Wax - White Gold #964016
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Ingredients - Melange Art Pebbles - Vintage #966294
  • Ranger Ink - Glossy Accents #GAC17042
  • Quilled Creations - Applicator Bottle - Precision Tip #PAR-QUL317
  • Prima - Finnabair - Art Extravagance - Glitter Set - Luminous #961596

Comments

  1. That is a lot of expensive supplies for one project. Very pretty tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous work!Just looove it! Thank you for joining the Art Recepie Challenge! xoxo Katja

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Shabby Chic Altered Rusty Teapot

Hello! I'm so glad you could join me today as I share my latest project! Finnabair recently came out with some new metal frames and as soon as I saw the Rusty Teapot, I couldn't wait to get my hands on it! The teapot is gorgeous as is, but of course I had to alter it.  Here is my Shabby Chic Altered Rusty Teapot: I added some texture with a stencil and modeling paste.  For color, I chose Lavender Impasto Paint by Finnabair.  It's a really gorgeous hue and I paired it with some accents of Metallique Wax in Aged Brass, also by Finnabair. I used a teacup mould by Stamperia that fit the theme perfectly.  I painted it with Sparks Acrylic Paint in Iris Potion and hi lighted it with wax in White Gold. I decorated the teapot with Prima flowers from the Lavender and Lavender Frost Collections. I added a Victorian Hand from Finnabair's Art Daily collection on top of the teapot's handle.  I colored it with waxes in Heather Hills and Aged Brass.  It was a pe

Mixed Media Mushrooms for Mixed Media Place's April 2019 Challenge

Hello again! I'm so excited to share my newest project with you today! I altered 2 wooden mushrooms that I found at Hobby Lobby. I was really inspired by the mood board for Mixed Media Place's April 2019 Challenge. Take a look at it: Aren't those colors just gorgeous?! Here are my mixed media mushrooms: To color my mushrooms, I used Finnabair pastes and waxes.  I started by applying Texture Fantasy pastes in an ombre' fashion.  Then I applied various shades of Art Alchemy Waxes.  For an added effect, I applied Unicorn Paste randomly. To decorate my mushrooms, I used a variety of beautiful flowers from Prima Marketing. I also used a bunch of Finnabair mechanicals, embossed images, and Tim Holtz paper dolls. Here are a few more photos: Thanks so much for taking the time to see my project! I have a full tutorial up on my YouTube channel! You can see it right  HERE !  Don't forget to subscribe! xoxo, Shannon Mixed Media Mushrooms